It is tax-efficient and easy to establish a business in Denmark compared to other Nordic countries.
Easy to set up a business
- Online registration of new companies means you are ready to do business within a few hours
- No residency requirements for management, including members of the executive board (CEO), board of directors or supervisory board shareholders, and board meetings can be held electronically
- No notarial deeds
- Flexible language requirements: registration of corporate documents of limited liability companies, “A/S” (Ltd.) and “ApS” (LLC), in Swedish or Norwegian language is possible as an alternative to Danish, and some documents may be registered in English
- Dividends may be distributed on an interim basis
- Danish company law is in conformity with current EU legislation
Taxation in Denmark
- Corporate tax rate of 22%. This is below the world average. The effective rate is less, as business expenses and depreciations are tax deductible
- Virtually no social security contributions for employers as opposed to many other countries
- No capital duty, share transfer duty, or wealth taxes
- Dividends may generally be received/distributed without tax
- Unlimited loss carry forward
- Special taxation for high-salaried expats: The scheme enables the expat to pay a reduced income tax of 27% for up to 7 years.
Physical infrastructure in Aarhus
- Airport – Two airports within a one-hour drive with popular international destinations
- Overseas connections and frequent connections to the major ports of Europe
- Train/ferry – Direct connections to Germany, Norway and Sweden
- The Port of Aarhus – 75% of Danish exports are shipped by sea
- The Port of Aarhus is the major port in Denmark, as 56% of all containers pass through Aarhus
Did you know..
... that 86% of Danes speak English?
... that 47% of Danes speak German?
... that 42% of Aarhus' inhabitants have a post-secondary degree?
... that 25% of the population in Aarhus is between 20-29 years of age?
(IMD World Talent Ranking 2018)
2. United States of America
7. United Arab Emirates
9. United Kingdom
Highest Business Efficiency
(IMD World Competitiveness Ranking 2018)
1. Hong Kong
2. United Arab Emirates
Ease of Doing Business
(World Bank: Doing Business Rankings 2019)
1. New Zealand
4. Hong Kong
5. Korea, Rep.
10. Macedonia, FYR
World Talent Ranking
(IMD: World Talent Ranking 2018)
Ranking of Happiness
(World Happiness Report 2019)
8. New Zealand