Why choose Aarhus
Our city is experiencing unprecedented growth, and the business climate in Denmark is among the best in Europe according to international rankings. Come join us!
- The second largest city in Denmark with 1.2 million people in the greater Aarhus area
- Home to 50,000 students and a university ranked in the top 100 in the world
- Innovation hubs for cleantech, food, tech, healthcare, design, architecture and fashion
- Two airports within a one-hour drive with popular international destinations
- Denmark’s international container port (56% of Denmark’s total container traffic)
- Home to many international companies with global R&D centers: Arla, Bestseller, Danish Crown, DuPont, Google, IBM, Johnson Controls, JYSK, Lego, Siemens, Uber and Vestas
- A multicultural city with 17% foreign-born residents.
The most business-friendly climate in Europe
- Excellent recruitment possibilities – highly qualified people for all positions (IMD)
- A flexible labour-market and the second highest worker motivation in the world (IMD)
- The highest start-up survival rate in Denmark (DST)
- A liveable, compact city with modern infrastructure and where distances and transportation times are short
- A vibrant, thriving urban community in one of the world’s happiest countries (WHR), characterised by income equality, healthy life expectancy, social support, freedom, trust and generosity
- A popular city for international meetings and events, ranked in the top 100 in the world (ICCA)